Our newly published storybook that hopes to teach the reader about how to protect oneself from the coronavirus, simple hygiene concerns, how to face and handle the stress, and how to triumph over such difficulties with each other's help and love from our families.
Project Title: Parish and Community-based child Protection to Prevent and Treat Child Sexual Abuse in the Diocese of Novaliches
About the Project
The Parish and community-based Child Protection Project to prevent and treat child sexual abuse in the Diocese of Novaliches is currently being implemented in Novaliches Quezon City, by Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Child Sexual Abuse (CPTCSA) Inc., together with the Diocese of Novaliches. The implementation is made possible by the support of Mission Alliance (MA) and this has been started in January 2020and is being implemented in 20 parishes (5 from Quezon City; 5 from North Caloocan) of the said Diocese.
The project with the support of Mission Alliance aims to contribute to the fulfillment of the Philippine Plan of Action to End Violence against Children (PPA_EVAC2017-2020). Specifically, the project aims that by the end of 4 years, 10 parishes/barangay be promoting and practicing preventive programs against child sexual abuse and exploitation. The project will then focus on developing and implementing parish and community -based primary. secondary and tertiary interventions to prevent and respond to violence against children. Using community-based strategy and mechanism, it envisions to foster cooperation and collaboration among major stakeholders that include:
- church leadership;
- member of the church ministries;
- teachers and administrators of parochial and public schools;
- community leaders, volunteers, parents and barangay officials;
- children including children with disabilities and ;
- the duty bearers such as such as police, social workers, prosecutors among others.
The key implementers and stakeholders of the project are the Diocese of Novaliches, the 10 Parishes, the Pastoral Care for Children and Vulnerable Adults (PCCVA) volunteers, barangays, police and social worker.
All the project activities are operating under the components, that include:
- development/ enhancement of transparent child protection policy towards zero tolerance of child sexual abuse;
- implementation of child protection interventions;
- capacity development, and
- provision of specialized psychosocial interventions.